23 July 2007

i'm putting my heart out on the line

i just want to be noticed. to be cared for. i want you to care.

i'm tired of chances getting tossed away because of miles, of lack of time. poor excuses in a real world. not everything is perfect, and i'm learning to wait. to trust. to put my faith in something that will last more than a day, a week. i understand the lesson i'm learning but it's been wearing me down for years now. a sidetrip would be worth it, would make it okay. i fall too hard but its because i haven't fallen enough. you're building me up for something better, for something worthwhile, for something that won't break my heart and i know this, but i wish it existed within the lines i see everyday, within a short drive away. within conversations that leave me existing on a cloud, that leave me wanting more. everyday and i can't get enough. it's more than just a month long, more than just two months long. my eyes haven't grown weary, nor my heart.

let me know what this means, or let me go. direct my attention elsewhere.
you know i'm made of rock, i won't fall without your command.
you have every ounce of me, allow me to live for something else.

No comments: