04 October 2006

cross my heart and hope to die these dreams of yours are gonna fly

this is where i am supposed to be.
this is where i am.
i come, and everything falls into place.
dreams i never expected to come alive, but rather sit dormant in my heart and in my head are dripping with life and making me happy to be alive.
hanging out with tour managers.
seeing something corporate 'in concert'
riding racehorses.

this is what i want to do. this is who i am. this is who i am becoming.
my dreams are not only dreams, they are becoming realities.
i am becoming the person i want to be.
things are falling into place.

on top of a horse, galloping over a hill, i couldnt help but smile.
crouched low over the back and neck, hands meshed with mane and reins, perched neatly on top of a moving animal, feeling the power course through its body into you, the smells of sweat and heat and fall mixed with summer, every noise drowned from your head except that of the wind whistling by, and hoofbeats resonating throughout every inch of you.
my dream. this has been my dream.
for years, for months, for near eternity.
since i was in second grade.
to ride atop a racehorse and feel all those feelings. to feel every second as if it was life's most crucial decision.
and i wasnt even on a track.
i wasnt even on an impressive animal.
i wasnt even going that fast.

but it did it. it made the cut.
it fulfilled my life dream.

i am content.
i am happy.

i am alive.

No comments: